Este website utiliza cookies. Ao continuar a navegação está a aceitar a sua utilização.
Caso pretenda saber mais, consulte a nossa política de privacidade.
On June 21st, 2018, Lisbon was awarded the title of European Green Capital 2020. The distinction, which is the result of the assessment of a set of international experts on 12 indicators aimed at assessing sustainability in the city and reflects into a wide range of actions and events promoted by the City Council.
To be at the forefront of the sustainability agenda, the City Council challenged the city, businesses, organizations, associations, public and private institutions to join the Commitment for the Lisbon European Green Capital 2020 – Lisbon Climate Action 2030. Learn more
APL, S.A. joined this initiative last January, by committing to carry out 19 actions that are part of the ambitious agenda for the next decade, in the areas of Energy, Mobility, Water, Circular Economy and Citizenship and Participation. See the Commitment here.
This year, APL is implementing the following actions:
- Increase the use of electric vehicles in private and operational vehicle fleets;
- Ensure a higher number of parking places for greener vehicles;
- Ensure bicycle parking next to its buildings’ entrance;
- Include information about public transport (Fertagus, Metropolitano de Lisboa, Transtejo and Soflusa, CARRIS, CP and Cascais train line) on its website and at its buildings’ entrance;
- Eliminate the use of single use plastics;
- Disseminate information about Green Capital by its employees and / or associates;
- Hold events or conferences during the Green Capital year and following;
- Communicate the city goals in the company's internal and external communication channels;
- Ensure space for remote meetings;
The implementation of these actions reinforces APL's position as a port aware of its urban surrounding, contributing to the environmental sustainability of the city of Lisbon.